Updated: Mar 25, 2019
Everything nowadays seems to be a nod back to retro classic trends, take the current fashion scene , for example, we have seen big classic logos (see below) and more baggy fit clothes make a huge comeback.
This retro theme it seems has moved to gadgets. Electrical giant Sony has revived the legendary PS1 console. Here are 5 things you need to know about the new PlayStation Classic.
1. 'Good things come in small packages?' The PS Classic comes in at around 45% of its original size thanks to the games being pre-loaded.
2. Sonys eye for detail is on point here, the bundle, which is set to be nostalgic from instructions to the classic box art, also contains two original PS1 controllers(remember the days before the thumb-sticks??!)
3. This is Sony's answer to the NES mini (by Nintendo). And will boast classic games like Final Fantasy 7, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms. 20 games in all will be preloaded, Sony promise to name more in the next few days.
4. Price of the console is $99.99, that's about 75 of your hard earned English Pounds.
5. HD Classics? The output is HDMI, does this mean remastered graphics? Regardless, here was the reaction from the AXIV team when Sony made the announcement...