Updated: Mar 25, 2019
Dreaming is one of the most mysterious and interesting experiences in our lives. As cool as it is, there's little we know about why we dream. Here are 10 things you might not know.
1. You can't read or tell the time whilst dreaming...⏰
2. You can teach yourself to lucid dream. Whilst lucid dreaming you can control the dream and do all sorts of wonderful things you wouldn't normally be able to do, such as flying, running through walls etc.... pretty cool huh? 🕴
3. Google was inspired by a dream.
4. Many people claim to have dreams which involve telling the future, for example, many people have seen catastrophic events such as 9/11 in their dreams before it happened.
5. Sleep paralysis is more common than you think. The inability to move and a sense of an evil presence or ghost in the room with you. It doesn’t really feel like a dream, but real.👻
6. Within 5 minutes of being awake, half of your dream is forgotten. Within 10 minutes, 90% is gone.
7. In our dreams, we only see faces that we already know. 🧐
8. Dreams are responsible for inventions, great artworks and even fashion collections. They are also “recharging” our creativity. 🎨
9. You can have four to eight dreams in one night!
10. Animals dream too! Ever seen your dog kicking out whilst sleeping? Well yeah, they are probably chasing a cat in their dream. 🐶
Brought to you by AXIV